During the PADI DIVEMASTER program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study.
You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems.
You will also learn to help others improve their scuba diving.
You will follow a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
• Minimum Age is 18 years old
• You have to have been accredited for the PADI ADVENTURE OPEN WATER DIVER (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
• You must have accomplished at least 20 dives
• A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
• An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
• You must be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
ONCE CERTIFIED YOU MAY TEACH THE FOLLOWING:
• Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
• Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI DIVER course
• Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling program
• Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
• Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
• If you are selected as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, you may independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
• Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified Divemaster.
• If you qualify for the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty at an “Instructor” rating, you will be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
• You may teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
You may accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during:
• Surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
• Times when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
• Times that require you to accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Speciality training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
• Instruction to the PADI Seal Team Aqua Mission
• Subsequent dives, under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
At a glance, compare what you can teach when you continue your professional diver education.
THE SCUBA GEAR REQUIRED
You use all the basic scuba equipment and some scuba accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive watch, etc. It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills. You can purchase everything through us(recommended to ensure that the correct gear is purchased)
THE LEARNING MATERIALS NEEDED AND SUPPLIED
The PADI DIVEMASTER “crew pack” includes everything you'll need to start the PADI DIVEMASTER program. The complete set of materials includes:
• The Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving - a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment.
• The Diving Knowledge Workbook - a self-study guide used in preparation for the Divemaster and Instructor exams.
• Divemaster slates
• PADI Divemaster Manual
• CD-ROM with instructor outlines for Divemaster-conducted programs (exclusive item not available for purchase separately)
ADVICE ON OTHER PADI COURSES THAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE SUCCESFUL PADI DIVEMASTER
• Boat Diver
• Coral Reef Conservation
• Digital Underwater Photographer
• Emergency First Response Instructor
• Emergency Oxygen Provider
• Enriched Air Diver
• Equipment Specialist
• Night Diver
• Peak Performance Buoyancy
• Underwater Naturalist
• Underwater Navigation includes:
o Crew pack
o Diving Knowledge Workbook
o DM Slates
• Air fills from our Dive centre whilst on course
The DIVEMASTER COURSE excludes:
•Entrance fees into Bass Lake & Miracle Waters
•Air fills @ Bass Lake & Miracle Waters
• DIVEMASTER membership fee to PADI upon qualification
Please enquire for more information on pricing.
MORE ABOUT AQUATASTIC SCUBA
Thank you for your interest in our services. What we offer is not just a dive course, but a glimpse into the culture and the world of SCUBA DIVING.
Our owner and head instructor has been a scuba diver since 2008 and he has accomplished over 4000 dives.
Our PADI ULTIMATE ADVENTURE COURSE is run in a relaxed manner, giving you plenty of opportunity to master the skills you are about to learn, while having FUN with them.
We specialise in one on one training, family and friends to a maximum group of four.
WOULDN'T IT BE WONDERFUL IF AQUATASTIC COULD OFFER YOU SOMETHING REALLY DIFFERENT?
Your course materials are hand delivered to you at home, by the PADI DIVE SCHOOL head instructor, who will go over the theory that you need to study.
WHAT IF YOU COULD DO THE COURSE TO FIT IN WITH YOUR OWN SCHEDULE?
Knowledge Assessment is tested in the comfort of your own home.
AND WHAT IF WE OFFER YOU ULTIMATE CONVENIENCE?
• Our PADI SCUBA COURSES are structured around your schedule. Give us your time and we will make a confidant and competent DIVEMASTER out of you.
• Scuba gear can be purchased from us
• Any scuba gear purchased from us, is personally delivered to your home